Our kids have aged out of family travel, so it’s time for our amazing RV to find a new home! This 2014 Keystone Avalanche 360RB has been thoroughly optimized for full-time off-grid living and roadschooling. Modifications include:
• Rear bunkhouse converted to two separate bedrooms.
• Installed solar power system, including 45 Amp solar controller and 555 Watts of solar panels
• Installed whole-RV inverter that provides 120VAC power to all outlets
• Installed full-size self-cleaning residential natural gas range, modified to run on propane
• Installed pre-charged pressure tank for unpowered water system use
• 3rd A/C unit installed
• Modified electrical system to put each A/C unit on separate cord, so all units can be run when “driveway camping”
• Battery charger reinstalled next to battery for improved charging
• Upgraded from one Group 24 battery to two Group 27 batteries
• Desk-and-bench seating installed in each of the rear bedrooms
• Installed three Vortex power vent fans
• Installed directional WiFi and cell antennas
• Installed freshwater tank overflow prevention plumbing
• Installed 4-bike rack on rear bumper
• Added exterior sewer line storage
• Installed upgraded tires and leaf springs
$38,500 and it’s yours! Includes unlimited technical support by phone or e-mail.
Need a truck to tow this RV? Pair it with our 2014 RAM 3500 crew-cab (seats six) longbed Diesel, modified for 5th-wheel towing, for $29,000.
Available for viewing in Monsey, NY. Delivery possible.
I realized this morning that I’m close to the as-yet-unvisited Great Smoky Mountains National Park, so I decided to make a quick detour. Unfortunately I had a tire fail on the way so I had to change the tire in the chilly rain. Despite the delay, I did make it there: