One of the first irritants we noticed in the RV was how there weren’t enough cabinet doors. The seven-foot span of cabinetry above the sink only had three doors, and there are neither shelves or dividers in the cabinet, so when items migrated between the doors, it could get tricky those items out:
The solution was to cut out the wide cabinet face blanks and install two more doors. There’s a thin member where the door hinges and catches attach, but otherwise there are no obstructions. It also looks a lot more residential, I think:
I have more doors on order, at which point I can go from two doors to four on the other set of cabinets.
One of the downsides of having a rear bathroom is that the dump fitting is in the rear corner of the trailer, which exposes it to potential bottom-out damage when pulling onto or off of a sloped surface. The problem is serious enough that I would pull out of our driveway without the weight distribution bars on, as the rear axle sag on the SUV would raise the back end of the RV up enough to avoid bottoming out if I was careful.
The designers of the RV installed V-shaped skid points so that the plumbing would be protected from bottoming out:
By the end of last summer’s vacation, we had bottomed out enough times that these members had been bent to the point of being useless. I welded reinforcing stock on as well as castors:
When I took the trailer out for inspection, the casters worked very well. Let’s hope they hold up!
I finally finished hooking up the furnace which is now under the moved dinette bench. Two of the ducts now terminate in the front face, and the third comes out in the bedroom:
In addition to the two furnace outputs, I had to install a grill to finish the hole I cut in the bench to act as the air intake:
In an effort to get rid of more stuff, I’ve been converting the 100 or so software CDs I have to ISO files which can be mounted as a virtual CD as needed. A one-Terabyte drive can hold about 1,500 CDs.