Water works

The fill hole for the water tank was installed in the rear wall of the RV, which made filling difficult with bikes on the bike rack.  I removed the fill assembly and capped it:

20130404_083931

 

Next, I drilled a 3.5” hole for the new fill assembly.  It was one of those “I really hope I don’t screw this up” moments:

20130404_083901

 

New fill assembly added:

20130405_183827

 

On the inside, I opted to add a second water tank (the new one is the one towards the top of the photo.  The fit is very snug, so I couldn’t use the new tank’s fill connecter.  I cut it short and plugged it with a swimming pool freeze plug (looks like this):

The new tank fills using the pump supply line, so it fills slowly.  I therefore moved the fill level sensors to the new tank.  There was a great deal of plumbing to be done, but it’s all working very well now.

I also added a lengthwise support so I could split the lower bunk’s “floor”:

20130407_173039

 

I did this because the lower bunk will now have a narrower mattress so that we can install floor-to-ceiling shelving for storage:

20130407_180117

All done!

20130407_181224

Adding another battery
Water heater thermostat modification

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>